Wednesday, October 9, 2013

This Machine...

Sometimes I think I have the attention span of a gadfly or maybe it's just the overall lack of waves(I promise I'll stop talking about it soon). I own three awesome boards that I need to keep dialing in and yet, I still keep thinking of...other boards, naturally.

I was a)re-watching Jamie Budge's, "The Californians" recently and b)thoroughly enjoying the magnificent time suck that is the online version of Matt Warshaw's, Encyclopedia of Surfing when in an interesting bit of overlap, I was both watching footage and then reading about 60's surfer Bob Cooper. I particularly enjoyed the Dale Davis clip of Mr. Cooper found on the latter. Mention was made, in both instances, about Cooper's model, the Morey Pope Blue Machine. Naturally, I began researching the shape.



The somewhat piggish outline and "wingnose" have peaked my interest, predominantly because, although I love my longboards, I've been getting drawn to those longboards that are outside of the norm.

Dennis Ryder shaped a bunch of the originals(and apparently still makes them, along with the Peck Penetrator)and Jim Phillips makes a version. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment