Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Tale of Two Sessions

The good fall swell continued this weekend and I actually managed to get out both yesterday morning as well as this morning. Both sessions, interestingly enough, started out kind of frustrating...close-outs with no shoulder to speak of. Basically it was one turn and then you ate shit but on both days, it got better as the tide backed off and I got some great rides.

In typical bass-ackwards fashion, I rode what should have been the wrong board on both days. Yesterday, I was on the Mini-Zombie and the waves were a bit softer and a little smaller. I should have been on the Mayo to get in earlier but I wound up sitting further in and scouted out a great little peak that was fun as hell. Today, it was bigger, steeper and had more power, so of course I rode the Mayo, ostensibly because I wanted to get in earlier, although the wind was standing them up enough that some serious paddling was required to get in and the Mini-Zombie probably would have been better for the drops. I guess the old adage of "archer not arrow" was proven true.

Still and all, the next "arrow" that I have my eyes on and will hopefully be ordered this winter/early spring and from all my research, may be the best of both worlds. Length to get in earlier and foiled out for speed and maneuverability. In a word...a Sam. Dig:



Jonesing.

No comments:

Post a Comment