Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Author Revealed


Yes, that would be your humble scribe playing on some post eye-gor leftovers at Nantasket. It was kind of a weird day out there. Rather than staying near the curl, it paid to get out in front towards the shoulder(if you timed it right) as any turn onto the face close to the peak usually ended up exploding in a wall of whitewater. In this pic, it might even appear that I should have taken the wave frontside but if you look behind me, you can see the wave already breaking. I still had fun but I'm jonesing for some nice clean faces.


What else?


Well, after approximately a year and a half, I return to work, albeit in a part-time capacity(for now) at Brandeis University. It's a relief but also feels rather strange to not be performing my usual day-to-day as SoEM's chief playmate. There's also the fact that WoEM is...pregnant again. To say that this is going to be a major period of transition and adjustment is beyond stating the obvious. Should be an interesting time.


No comments:

Post a Comment