Sunday, July 4, 2010

Aquatic Therapy(And It Ain't Whatcha Think)

I've said it before but it may have escaped your notice; I've been out of work for over a year. I've detailed the reasons why that hasn't necessarily been a bad thing, however, it's past time that I got back to it, for as much as I've enjoyed being home with my son, I need to move forward.

The frustration of what might be a normal job search has been compounded by the current state of the economy which has pretty much insured that the competition for each position that I pursue is rather heavy. I recently came close to a job that would have suited me just fine. I feel that I crushed the interview and the essay portion of the exam. I was moved into the final circle only to be told in the 11th hour that I lost out to someone else. My little family really needed this. I really needed it. With my head-a-reeling from the blow and sweat collecting on my brow from the summer heat, there was only one thing to do....

No, I didn't do that. I took SoEM for a swim.

There is something about watching my almost-two-year old go charging down a small slope towards the swimming area at the Arlington reservoir while yelling, "Splish splash!" at the top of his lungs that made my problems seem miniscule. Something about him laughing at the top of his lungs as I swam underwater to squeeze his legs that eased away my frustrations and fears. Digging with him in the mud was probably more relaxing than a mud bath at a spa. In short, an afternoon spent cooling down with SoEM saved dear ol' Dad from wallowing in the mire of despair.

Thank you little man.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this entry. It is these moments that we will cherish forever, not necessary getting the job. Keep on keeping on. It will come; in the meantime, you have your little man. Congratulations and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete