Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Holidaze

Ho. Ho. Ho.

We made it alive and well back from sunny Los Angeles only to be welcomed back by this sub-zero bull. Harumph I say.

Still and all, the West Coast was a welcome change of pace. It was sunny and in the 70's most of the time. Mrs. Meezy returned from a stroll her first morning there and stated, "Let's move back." Amen, Doll. Now there's only the small matter of securing a massive chunk of change for a house, jobs for both of us and tuition for SoEM once he hits middle school. I ain't bitter folks, really I aren't. Wistful thinking is all.

I spent Christmas Morn on a borrowed epoxy longboard at Bay Street in Santa Monica. Waves weren't fantastic but were fun. I managed to snag a few decent rides. I must say that I don't care for the epoxy. It was lacking something. It turned ok and I got into waves ok but I tried to walk it a couple times and that just didn't work. It also seemed to lack the weight or the feel of my poly longboard. Needless to say, I won't be rushing out to pick up a plastic fantastic machine like that anytime soon.

Finally...SoEM slept both to and fro the Coasts. So minus having to lug a bunch of crap around the airport, the voyage was fairly seamless.

No comments:

Post a Comment