Monday, November 3, 2008

First Blood

Check one....one...one...

Is this thing on?

Allow myself to introduce...myself. For the sake of the tale about to unfold, you can just call me El Meezy. I'm a New Englander who spent a large portion of his life in New England before doing the Horace Greeley thing and landing in Babylon(aka LA). While there, I headed down the pre-ordained path that began an eon ago when(as a wee grom) I took an errant surfboard to the back of the neck while playing in the whitewater at Narragansett Town Beach. I took up surfing and after 8 years or so, moved back to Massachusetts.

At the present, I abide in Somerville, MA, where the waves aren't exactly tasty and yet I've somehow become even MORE obsessed with playing in the water than I was in California(oooh look at the irony).

I won't bore you with the plight of the New England surfer. Suffice it to say that the wave tribe on this coast doesn't exactly have it easy.

In any case...

Away we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment