Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thing 1




It was once opined to me by a person that shall remain nameless, that it was not out of the realm of possibility to have more than one, "love of your life". Being of the belief that as far as we know(barring reincarnation or parallel universe scenarios) we're only given one life, naturally, I promptly dismissed the notion as completely ludicrous(and voiced that opinion). Four years ago I was forced to rethink that conceit.

Thing 1 came into our lives and upon viewing him on the warming table after my wife labored for 23 hours to deliver him, it was love at first sight(I also marveled at his full head of hair). He and his brother remind me constantly that you can indeed have other "loves of your life".

So Happy Birthday, little boy! Every day you've been with us has been a treasure and I look forward to our continued adventures together. I still owe you a wetsuit and boogie board but maybe we'll just skip straight to a softop next year.

Dad

1 comment: