Monday, November 2, 2009

Because I'm Lazy


Late to the party once again.

I love clam shacks. It's one of those quintessential New England things that I missed during my time out West. I maintain that the food found in some of New England's best shacks rivals some of the really high priced offerings out there.

Mrs. Meezy had a weekday off a couple weeks ago and as luck would have it, it was a honey of a Fall day. One of the(many)things that I appreciate about my better half is that she possesses the sort of spontaneous attitude that allows for spur of the moment drives to places like...Ipswich and Essex, which is where we found ourselves traveling to.

We stopped at Russell orchards so that SoEM could look at farm animals and so that we could indulge in our version of apple picking...hitting up the farm store. We felt a little peckish afterwards and decided to visit a place I've been itching to check out, Woodman's in Essex.

The Rhode Island side of me kicked in and I had a bowl of chowder and some clam cakes while Mrs. Meezy got a lobster roll. SoEM made do with a grilled cheese and some fries. Everything was excellent. I got to finish Mrs. Meezy's lobster roll and it was a fine representation of the clam shack staple. The chowder was also delicious but I could have made do with only two clamcakes instead of the four I opted for(eyes bigger than stomach). The view of the salt marsh out back also added to the ambience. Woodman's is definitely on the honor roll.








No comments:

Post a Comment